Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day of rest

As I awoke this morning, I decided I'd use today as a "rest day"....after all...I earned it with my 7 mile shuffle yesterday!

I stretched in my bed and debated whether or not I should get up at that moment...then my older daughter, who has somehow managed to stay out of this blog for the past month, crawled into bed with me...decision made.

She snuggled up against me and I wrapped my arms around her...I love waking up with my babies on the weekends!

She rested silently, sucking her thumb, looking at me as I looked at her beautiful little face...such a sweet angel...I could've rested there all day with her like that....

Then she spoke....

"Your legs look like walrus blubber." she stated as she looked down at my bare legs.  "Can I warm my feet in your blubber?" she asked as she stuck her cold toes between my thighs.

Walrus blubber.

Walrus blubber?!


Perhaps won't be a "rest day" after all....



2 comments: