Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Was that an earthquake?

Today was a beautiful day for a shuffle!  So....I went...

About a mile into my shuffle, I passed a house with a pond.  I could hear a frog chirping....it was the most beautiful sound.
All of my attention became focused on that frog's beautiful song...

Suddenly,  I heard a movement in the ditch right next to me...

I jumped!
My heart skipped a beat...

What the heck was that?!  I thought...expecting to see a squirrel or something scampering in the ditch.

What I saw was a large clump of asphalt from the road rolling into the ditch...

A large clump of asphalt....that was just attached to the road...

that I had just stepped on.

Yes....as I passed that spot....a large clump of asphalt broke off and rolled into the ditch.

Either....that was an extremely poorly-timed, coincidental, act of erosion...

or I am now registering on the Richter Scale...


      Dear Richter Scale,

      Please read my blog post from Friday, April 26th....
      you are next!!!

      Love, Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment