Friday, April 12, 2013

Scientific data: Week 2 (4/5 - 4/12)

This has been a pretty slow week...

Just like I always do, I tend to get bored of my "lifestyle change" after a strong first week.  Usually by week three, I have abandoned all of the good changes I've made and have gone back to my old, unhealthy ways.

So here I am...right in the midst of this critical time frame....

and I'm losing steam....

After a great, strong beginning of this past week (I shuffled 3 days in a row...4 miles each), I have done

absolutely...

nothing.

I set my alarm each morning for 6:00am...then turn it off and go back to sleep.  I don't even argue with myself anymore...

yes....I am failing...

These past few days, I have felt completely unmotivated, tired, overwhelmed with school projects that are due soon, and stressed.

So...how have I handled that?  I have taken away the ONE thing that ALWAYS makes me feel better...exercise.  Make sense to you?  Yeah....doesn't make much sense to me either...but that's how I roll!

"Luckily"....my wonderful nephew gave me a not-so-subtle reminder that I still have lots of work to do...

Yesterday, he and I were folding laundry together.  As I picked up a pair of my underwear and began to fold it, he looked at them...then me...and asked "Whose are those?"

"They're mine" I replied and picked up another pair to fold

"They look small" he said.

Hmm...small?  I thought to myself..."Small" is not a word I would have used for them, but I took what he said as a compliment nonetheless.

As I took the breath to say "Gee...thanks!!" he continued....

"Do those really fit you?" .... he was genuinely perplexed...

I smiled.. "Yep!"  I do yoga!!  Of course they fit me!!

"Wow" he said.....then thought....then spoke...."They must be really tight on you!!"

I laughed and half ignored the comment....

But, he was not laughing....or even smiling...

He was thinking.

He persisted...."No...really.....aren't they tight on you??"

His genuine curiosity about how those "small" underpants could fit on my fat butt was getting on my nerves.....

Not laughing anymore I said..."Well, I guess they are".  And with that, he was satisfied that he'd finally gotten the truth.

New goal:  To have him ask me "Aren't those underpants really loose on you??  Do you need a belt to keep those humongous underpants on?? You could fit 3 of you in those things!!!"


Number time:

Beginning weight:  165
Today's weight:  162.4
Number of miles shuffled:  12
Number of times yoga, Pilates, bike:  1 each

Time to get re-motivated!!  On to week number 3.....


1 comment:

  1. You're killing me - this is so funny! How old is your outspoken nephew? He's got to be pretty young to speak to an adult in such an honest manner with no fear. Real young.

    ReplyDelete