Monday, April 1, 2013
Day after Easter
I have had an amazing weekend....spent time with friends and my girls Friday and Saturday. Yesterday was Easter...I spent the day with my family, and of course....sat and ate!
Oh man, did I eat!!
And eat...
and....
eat...
So, feeling a bit guilty about the copious amounts of food I inhaled yesterday, I felt the need to start fresh today and get back on the horse, as "They" say.
Reluctantly, I awoke REALLY early today. I decided I'd go for a shuffle before Aaron left for work so he could stay with the girls while I was gone. Just a couple laps on our street, I told myself. Just a couple miles so I don't have to feel so guilty about yesterday's failure.
I dressed in a few layers...it was about 20 some degrees and the sun still had not risen. Aaron was none to happy about my going out in the dark, but I reassured him that I would stay on our road and would bring my headlight and phone. I kissed him goodbye and set out.
It was dark and very quiet...kind of eerie to be out at this hour, but peaceful at the same time. I had never gotten up at 4:30 to shuffle before, but thought to myself 'I could get used to this!' I was still sore from Saturday's shuffle, and still a bit hung over from my food coma from yesterday. It took some time and effort to find my rhythm, but it came eventually. I didn't feel as strong and awake as I did on Saturday, but this was better than nothing! At least I was doing something!!
My goal was 4 laps...3.2 miles, which I completed in.....wait for it....... 36:20!!! I was pretty proud of myself!! I had finally beaten my 5k time!!!
What an amazing start to my day!!! :)
Ok......April Fools!!!!
So......the truth?
Well.....
I woke at 8:40am (only because Kristi had dropped the boys off for Mom to babysit)....I could have easily slept until 10, I am certain my blood sugar was about 600 still, though I have no scientific data to back that.
I had breakfast, then chased that with some leftover buffalo chicken dip and tortilla chips about an hour later....
I stayed in my pajamas until 1:00 then dressed to go to the book store to work on a paper for school.
In essence.....
I sat and ate....
and sat....
and ate....
Just like I am wont to do.....
"They" say old habits die hard...
Truer words have never been spoken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You had me there! Although you can't see it, you were just paid in one big smile. ;D
ReplyDeleteI'm reading through your blog from the beginning.