One bad day does not a "failure" make...
I decided before going to sleep on Tuesday that I would get back on track on Wednesday, no matter what! So, I planned to wake up early, do some Pilates, get a run in, and eat well.
That was my plan....
I set my alarm for 6:00AM and, as a back up....I set my phone alarm for 6:15 and left it in the kitchen so I'd HAVE to get up to turn it off.
It worked :)
I got up at 6:15 and turned on my Pilates video. My body was not too happy about being up so early and being subjected to the torture that Gazelle was putting me through, but I did it anyway.
The beauty of exercise is, you don't have to enjoy it to reap the benefits! You just have to do it...
At about 6:30, half-way through my workout, Her Royal Highness woke up and came into the living room.
"Oh...I see you are doing THAT again, huh?" she said with her thumb in her mouth
"Yep...gotta get back into it!"
She plopped herself onto the couch and cuddled under her blanket....getting herself nice and comfortable to take in the spectacle.
"That looks hard" she said
WOW!! FINALLY! Some validation...and respect for my pudgy, old body...
"Yeah...it is, kinda" I said
She studied me....then the Gazelle....then me again....
"Her arms are longer than you!" she exclaimed
I chuckled....yes, I've noticed.....
She continued...."She is a lot better than you are"
Validation and respect.....down the toilet....
"Well honey, she's been doing this a lot longer than 2 weeks, like I have been.....and she doesn't have a big belly that gets in way either!"
She shook her head in agreement "No...she doesn't!" She looked at my belly....and was kind enough to stop just before vocalizing what she was thinking: 'Like you do!!'
I finished my Pilates session and felt positive about the day. After dropping the girls off at their schools, I drove to the park and completed a 5 mile barefoot shuffle. It felt amazing!! I noticed two things: first, my negative thoughts didn't show up...not once! In fact, when it came time to turn around (I was only going to go 3 miles), I thought to myself "No! I feel good! Keep going!".....What a difference from just 2 weeks ago! The second thing I noticed is: The hills are not nearly as hard! There was no huffing and puffing like a freight train to get up them.....
There was no creepy face......
Just slow, steady, forward movement....and the slightest increase in heart rate.
It is a miracle!!! I am adapting!! :)
There was another thing I noticed about my shuffle....in that hour, it melted away my stress, my anxiety, my depressed and irritable mood...and brought about a calm, centered feeling that lasted the entire day.
No amount of sugar in the world can make me feel like that....
New goal....make shuffling my new addiction :)
No comments:
Post a Comment