Friday, April 26, 2013

Keepin' it real......Scientific data: Week 4

Dear Scale,

Our relationship is toxic and it is time for us to go our separate ways.  You are an emotionally abusive a**hole (sorry, Mom!)....no....really.....you are.  According to...well...whoever this person is, our relationship fits the definition of emotionally abusive:

"Emotional abuse is like brain washing in that it systematically wears away at the victim’s self-confidence, sense of self-worth, trust in their own perceptions, and self-concept. Whether it is done by constant berating and belittling, by intimidation, or under the guise of “guidance,” “teaching,” or “advice,” the results are similar. Eventually, the recipient of the abuse loses all sense of self and remnants of personal value. Emotional abuse cuts to the very core of a person, creating scars that may be far deeper and more lasting than physical ones (Engel, 1992).  

I am tired of stepping on you, every morning, and having you look up at my naked body and hopeful eyes...then, mocking me.....spit out a really crappy number that crushes everything I've worked toward and every ounce of confidence I gained.

You suck.

So.....I am leaving you and banishing you to the spare bathroom where you will collect dust bunnies and never be stepped on again.  I put you close to the toilet...I am hoping someone pees on you, or perhaps the toilet will overflow all over you....

I have purposely left in your batteries in the hopes that they will explode in you and leak acid all over your connectors so you can never hurt anyone again.

Peace out,

Karen




T Minus 51 days!!

Original weight:  165
Last week's weight:  161.8
Today's weight:  161.6  (Whoop-de-freakin'-do!!)
Miles walked:  2 hilly miles
Miles shuffled:  5 really icky miles
Bike riding miles: 10.9 "windy" miles
(Number of felonies considered but not committed:  1)
Pilates:  Once
Stationary bike:  Once




Ok....so can ya tell that I have completely lost focus of my REAL goal....that is to run 13.1 in June?  It's time to refocus....weight loss was not my goal...running was!  (Weight loss was supposed to be a nice bi product of training, though!!)

And, really....those numbers are terrible!  This was a very slow week for exercise, and I suppose I am lucky to have had even the tiniest of losses, instead of a gain.

"They" say that "insanity is doing something the same but expecting different results".

Well, call the men in white coats and take me away....this past week was pretty much a lot of "sitting and eating"  (ring a bell??)...yet I somehow expected to see an improvement.

So....(deep breath)......time to refocus......and move forward.






No comments:

Post a Comment