Friday, May 31, 2013

Keepin' it real: Scientific Data Week 9

Having the Memorial Day holiday last weekend...well, I didn't get my long shuffle in.  

Having Her Royal Highness home from school this week...well, I didn't get as many shuffles in.  

Finding a daily excuse to not shuffle...well, I had pretty low miles this week.

Being lazy...sitting and eating...well, I really didn't accomplish much of anything this week.

The goals I set for myself in last week's post....well, I didn't meet any.

Not... a...single...one.

Did I do ANY strength training?  Nope
Did I do "a couple more of those 6 milers"?  Negative
Did I meet that 10 mile mark?  Ummm...that'd be a big fat NO.

But...thank God for Fridays!  A new day...a new week ahead...a time to reflect and set new goals...
Right?

On a positive note...
I ran my second race of the season on Memorial Day.  It was a 4 miler...and I averaged just under 10 minute miles!  What a difference from my first disaster of a race back in March!!  

Here's a picture of the shoes I wore for the race:


It was an absolutely amazing race!  I even caught up with my husband (which NEVER happens!)...but he ended up finishing a few seconds ahead of me....I'll get him next time!!




Well....it is picture day...and I know you all want your bi-weekly dose of walrus-blubber...so I will oblige....

Week 1
Week 9
What in the world is that hole in my gut?  
Is it.....could it be.....my.....belly button?!?!

Week 1
Week 9
(Juan Paco wants to show off his new, skinny self....show off!!)


NUMBER TIME:

Days until half:  15 
Miles shuffled this week:  10 (Yikes!!!  Measly!!)
Average pace:  Roughly 10:30 min/miles
Beginning weight:  165
Last week's weight:159
Today's weight:  159 
Number of times I had to step on the scale to wear the battery down a bit to get the 159.8 off of the screen: 5

Next week's goal:  Same as last week's...only....I have to actually WORK toward those goals!!!


4 comments:

  1. Looking Good (Freddie Prinze style)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does it make me look stupid if I admit that I don't know who Freddie Prinze is? I am hoping that he is a SEXY BEAST since you are comparing me to him! ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think she may mean this guy:
      http://www.freddieprinze.net/

      :)

      Delete