Yes...that's right....TEN POINT TWO MILES!!! :)
First off...YAY!!!
I met a goal for the week!
In fact, between yesterday and today, I shuffled 17 miles!!
I am happy.....and I am tired...I will be taking a rest day tomorrow.
So...what did I learn today?
1. I can shuffle for about 6 miles comfortably...(that number seems to grow each week!) After 6, my body gets stuck in one, numb gear...once I'm in that gear, I cannot get out of it....
2. When I shuffle tired (head down, arms pulled up), I feel tired....when I shuffle strong and relaxed, I feel strong and relaxed...it is a conscious decision that I make.
2. Delirium begins to set in at about mile 8...after that, I am just your average ninja warrior...chasing down my enemies until they die of exhaustion....my feet don't even touch the ground....I am levitating...it is good...
3. Puddles are soul cleansing (and SOLE cleansing)...I cannot avoid them...I am drawn to them by some all-powerful force that I cannot fight...kind of like my dog used to be powerless against the force that compelled her to sneak nuggets out of the litter box.....I will risk life and limb to shuffle through one, even if it means dodging in and out of bike traffic....
![]() |
| Puddles....drinks for the soul! |
4. Heel striking on a rock because I'm not paying attention, sucks!! However, the pain does subside after about half a mile....until then, hopping around and mumbling obscenities does the trick...
5. Slugs are cold and slimy when they are squished, just as one might expect. Other things that are cold and slimy include leaves, grass clippings, and worms. Common sense dictates that dog poop falls under this category as well, though I don't have first-hand experience with that.....yet.
6. After 3 years of barefoot shuffling, I still get amusement from others' reactions to my naked feet...it just never gets old.
7. My feet get pretty ripped and pumped after a long shuffle...like Arnold Schwarzenegger's pecks...big, blue, bulging veins....I am both disgusted and amazed by this phenomenon....perhaps I should enter them in one of those muscle competitions....if only I could get them tan....
8. Vitamin Water is the most amazing drink a fat, sweat-soaked, shuffler could ever consume...even if it is as warm as a bottle of soup...and likely brimming with BPA.....
9. Children who witness my barefoot frolic want to join in the fun too....they get it....
10. The soles of my feet totally kick ass...phalt!!!!! (See what I did there, Mom?). The rest of my body can only aspire to be as tough and amazing ..... I don't know how many 10's of thousands of steps I took between today's shuffle and yesterday's....but my feet hold up better than any other part of my body.....I am thoroughly amazed at my body's ability to adapt ..... and though they are always a bit dirty and tired after shuffling, they are no worse for the wear..
![]() |
| 10.2 miles....and only a slug gut or two to show for it... |
11. After 10.2 miles today, I'm certain I could have gone another 3 miles...slow and steady always gets me to my destination...I will trust that....
12. I am stronger than I have given myself credit for....



No comments:
Post a Comment