I have had a week and a half of parties, water parks, restaurants, and holidays.....
I am amazed at how quickly my "old ways" have become so comfortable again!
Amazed....and disgusted!!
No joke....just yesterday (Mother's Day), I tore up a Malley's hot fudge sundae....for DINNER!! Yes...dinner. NOT for dessert AFTER dinner.....FOR dinner!!!
(Just looking at that picture makes my mouth water....)
I need an intervention!!!
Last night, I discovered something while playing with my fat....
(Yes....
I play with my fat....
There are two things I do daily with my stomach....I check it out in the mirror...and I play with my fat....
Much like a pregnant woman rubs her round belly...I rub my round belly too...
and push on it like the Pillsbury Dough Boy...
or squeeze it like it's a monstrous ball of Silly Putty....
Doesn't everybody??.....
I digress....)
So...while playing with my fat I noticed...
a stretch mark....
a soft, indented, stretchy, long, horrifying
stretch mark.
I know...it IS miraculous that I don't have a bunch of them...a gut like this should, logically, be covered in them...but mine is not. But, just under the left part of my bulging gut (the left-sided bulge IS bigger then the right-sided one), there it is.
At first I panicked...certainly I was mistaken! This had to be a scar from one of my abdominal surgeries! ....
but it wasn't.
It was the first physical indicator... hard-core scientific data... that my skin is being stretched to capacity...
So today...I recommit to my self and my plan. I have only 34 days until my half marathon!
I am finding it frustrating to have to recommit every single day!! But I suppose this is what addiction is, no matter if it is drugs, alcohol...or food. It is a struggle and a daily commitment to better choices...healthier choices.
And daily accountability....
It is exhausting and frustrating...but "They" say slow, daily steps are the only way to a larger goal...
The only.....flippin'......way........ (sigh)
Fine.


No comments:
Post a Comment