Sense my enthusiasm?
In all actuality, I had a pretty productive and active week...especially considering the horrible week I had previously. I did at least an hour of exercise everyday for the past 5 days, but all I have to show for it is an extra 8/10 of a pound and about 20 zits on my chest and back....
That's attractive....
I'll spare you the picture of those....
But I wont spare you the pictures of my Walrus Blubber (which has now become the terminology of choice for both of my girls).
Two weeks ago, when I posted my pics, I put on my pair of size 12's for my photo shoot and they were extremely comfortable! My gut didn't hang over them anymore! Imagine my surprise and excitement!!
Holy cow! I thought to myself. Maybe all of this shufflin' IS working after all!
Then...I realized they were the wrong pair of jeans.
Imagine my complete disappointment when I put on the correct pair and my gut looked
exactly...the...same as it had looked in week 3.
So I marked my jeans that I use for pictures so I wouldn't make that mistake again (my psyche cant take much more of that abuse!)
Today, I put on the CORRECT jeans and they actually went on a little easier!! I didn't have to jump up and down and ninja kick to get them over my legs!! I just pulled them up! They buttoned a little easier too! The view I had of myself in the mirror was a little nicer than the view the pictures show....
However, I actually gained weight this week :(
(sigh)
I also spoke with my doctor about the past couple months and she increased my thyroid medication...we'll see if that helps at all.
Ok...data time....
![]() |
| Week 7 |
![]() |
| Week 1 |
![]() |
| Week 1 |
![]() |
| Week 7 |
Days until half marathon: 29....(beginning to panic....)
Beginning weight: 165
Today's weight: 160.8
Beginning weight: 165
Today's weight: 160.8
Miles shuffled: 15 (my average pace has gone from 12-13 min/mile to 11:15 min/mile. By no means is that fast...perhaps not yet considered "running".... but it IS improvement!!)
Typical distance per shuffle: 5-6 miles
Longest shuffle: 9 miles (2 weeks ago) For those of you who will never trust my word due to the shenanigans I pulled on April Fool's day, here's the proof:
Bike miles: 10
Pilates: Once :(
Longest shuffle I planned to accomplish (yesterday): 10
Actual miles I shuffled yesterday: 4
Why?: Because...shuffling sucks when I'm doing it!! It was hot!! I was thirsty!! The road was hot!! My feet were sore!! My legs were sore!! I had to pee!! I have a burn on my stomach where my sports bra rubs against my fat..and it was hurting!!
My plan for the coming week: Rest my legs and feet for the next day or two so I can accomplish a strong long run this weekend (8-10 miles); become familiar with the half marathon course by practicing on it; pick up some water shoes and practice running on the rocky trails I will have to endure for 3 miles during our half; continue to toughen the soles of my feet so they can endure the hot asphalt of the half marathon course.





No comments:
Post a Comment