Friday, May 3, 2013

Keepin' it real....Scientific data: Week 5

Like most abusive relationships, it is hard to truly cut ties with the abuser....

I went back to my scale yesterday.

It read 161.6....same as it read last Friday....still abusive and cruel....nothing had changed.

Convinced that my scale must be broken, I asked my mom if I could use hers....
It read....164.6!  

"Your scale is MEAN!!"  I said to my mom.
"Here...turn it toward the toilet and put it on that tile right there" she said, pointing to the floor.

I did....I stepped on it....it read 166.6!

What the....?!?!?!

Panicked, I jumped off...yelled "I'm building muscle!!"....and left in a hurry to go on a shuffle.

On my shuffle, I got things back into perspective...that's the great thing about shuffling (or walking, or biking, or Pilates....)....it always makes me feel better and clears my head.  It doesn't matter how good I am, or how fast I'm going...as long as I am going, it cleanses my soul!

By the time I reached my turn around point, I was feeling confident and strong again.  I had a great week this past week and was proud of my accomplishments.  I had even woken up a couple early mornings to work on the Pilates reformer.  

I thought about you, the readers of this blog, ...how your words of encouragement keep me going each day...how you laugh with me at my shortcomings....how you have told me that I inspired you to walk farther, try to run, try to be healthier....(which is both SURPRISING and AMAZING to me :)  ).... if I didn't have to hold myself accountable to you each week, I would have given up on this in my second week, like I always did before...I KNOW this is true.  

For YOUR inspiration, kind words, and for letting me know that you are following and enjoying my story, I thank you!! :)

So...as I promised two Fridays ago, here are my comparison pictures of my "blubber"



Week 1

Week 5
Week 1 


Week 5
I wish I could figure out how to get these pics side by side without screwing up everything... Oh well....


And my numbers:

Days until half marathon: 43 (starting to panic!!)

Starting weight:  165
Today's weight:  160!!!!!! (Really?!?!  I lost 1.6 lbs since yesterday??  My scale IS abusive!!  But, I   think I love it again....)
Miles shuffled:  20!!!!!!!  TWENTY!!!!!!!  :)
Pilates:  3 or 4...I can't remember.....

Goal for long shuffle this weekend:  8 miles


Did I mention:  TWENTY MILES THIS WEEK!!!  :)



Onward.....






No comments:

Post a Comment