Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Jumping jacks are hazardous to your health

That's right...I said it.  I don't have scientific data to back this claim, but my own body wouldn't lie about it.

The other day, Abby asked me to exercise with her.  "Ok" I said eagerly..."What would you like to do?"
"Jumping jacks" she replied.

As she began jumping around, arms and legs flailing about without rhythm or reason, I smugly told her "No honey, like this"

I stood straight, arms at my side...she did too.

I jumped up, opened my stance and raised my arms to the sky in one fluid motion, like the seasoned "jumping jacks pro" that I am...only....just my right arm made it into the air.  My left stopped about mid way up as my shoulder screamed out in protest.

As I recoiled and grabbed my shoulder, I calmly told her "I'm done" and walked away with my throbbing shoulder injury.

Strong shoulders are overrated.


No comments:

Post a Comment