Since I've been hiding from my blog (and my accountability) for a while, I will give a report on my exercise for the past two weeks...
I shuffled my half marathon on June 16th:
![]() |
| Where's Waldo? |
On Wednesday, I shuffled a very easy 5.5 miler at the park and got the pleasure of watching this little beauty who seemed completely OK with my presence....probably because of my bare feet....made me seem more, oh, I don't know....trustworthy?:
![]() |
This past Sunday, we did a very hilly and HOT 10k (6.2 miles) race. I thought this race was harder than the half marathon due to the heat and humidity (it was about 80 at 9am)...I was hoping to come in under 1hr 10 mins...I came in at 1hr 8 minutes.
After that race, I spent the day at my surprise 40th birthday party!!! :) :) :)........
eating buffalo chicken dip......because, well, it was my party and I'll eat buffalo chicken dip if I want to...
Side views:
From Sunday the 13th to Sunday the 23rd I shuffled almost 25 miles!!
And I haven't shuffled since....
Due to the hills and the high number (for me, anyway) of miles, the top of my right foot was hurting without shoes...a very common injury for barefooters and minimalist runners. This pain is an indicator that I shuffled too many miles for my abilities, and that my form was likely off (too much slapping down on the forefoot...especially down the steep hills)
So, instead of shuffling I have been "shakin' my groove thang" to Just Dance 4 with my girls and cutting the grass with the push mower. Not exactly the same as shuffling, by any means, but I can "get my sweat on" and get outside!!!
Enough about that....
Let's talk about the fact that I am THIS CLOSE to TEN POUNDS LOST!!!
By "this close" I mean .4 lbs away!!
So excited!!
Here's some pics:
![]() |
| Fat gut Week 1 |
![]() |
| Not quite as fat gut Week 13 |
Side views:
![]() |
| Side view of walrus blubber Week 1 |
![]() |
| Week 13 |
And now, the numbers:
Beginning weight: 165
Today's weight: 155.4 (!!!!!)
Ok...let's face it....those are the only numbers I care about today!!! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment