Friday, July 12, 2013

Keepin' it Real: Scientific Data Week 15

With every week that passes, I am more and more shocked that I have stuck with this for as long as I have!  15 weeks sounds like an eternity to me!!!  That's over 100 days!!!!  Although I am losing weight a lot slower than my impatient self would like, I am feeling amazing!  I have become quite addicted to shuffling and have found that if I go more than 2 days without it, I get pretty crabby...kind of like I was with sugar...

In the past 105 days, I have shuffled roughly 205 miles!!  That's only a few shuffling miles short of the distance between here and Cincinnati!!!  In 105 days, I am coming close to shuffling the distance of one corner of Ohio to the farthest, opposite corner :)

That's a lot of miles....for me :)   This is good :)

I have been very diligent about logging my food/drink into My Fitness Pal...it has been 16 days now.  I am still struggling with finding my balance of nutrients, calories, and exercise.  I find that on some days, I can eat up to double the calories that I am supposed to; whereas on other days, I have a several hundred calorie deficit.  I am still way below on my Potassium intake (I can only eat so many bananas and potatoes in a day!!) but have not had anymore racing heart episodes.

I have also found that I am not able to eat as much meat...this is an unexpected side effect of....well....I don't really know...but I have begun to not really like the taste of it (or how I feel afterwards)...this means I will need to monitor my protein intake in other ways....

Even my beloved Buffalo Chicken Dip has not tasted as good to me...

This is beginning to get more complicated than I wanted it to get....

So, that's where I am today...feeling great but the pounds are still stubbornly sticking to my bones...


Now, without further adieu.....it's picture day!

I finally moved into the 21st Century and figured out how to create a side-by-side, before-and-after picture of my blubber...

Week 1 and Week 15 

Week 1 and Week 15

As I begin to melt comfortably into these size 12's, I have decided it is time for a new "pants goal".  The pants in these pictures are my tightest size 12's.  All of my other size 12's are much too big on me...I can even put some of them on and take them off without undoing the button! :)  

So...it's time to begin the journey into my tightest size 10's...

Welcome to the new segment I lovingly call:

"WILL I EVER FIT MY A** INTO THESE JEANS AGAIN?!"

Here, for your viewing pleasure, is my baseline pic:




Yes....I AM wearing shorts!
Yikes!!!  Talk about a long road ahead!!!!


This week's numbers:

Beginning weight:  165
Last week's weight:  154.6
Today's weight:  154.4 (grrrrr....at this rate I will be "thong ready" when I'm 60!!!.....I'll be sure to post pics of that in 20 years!!!!)
Number of times I stepped on the scale:  at least 10.....
Number of times the scale budged even after going to the bathroom...brushing my teeth....removing my retainer...:  Zero (really?!?!)
Shuffling miles this week:  17
Number of people who asked me if they could shuffle with me because they want to start running:  2!!!  ( I cant tell you how excited I am about this!! :)  )
Days until next half marathon:  92


Onward.....





No comments:

Post a Comment