Outside (walk)
Begin: 13:32
End: 14:35
Total time: 1 hr, 3 mins.
Total distance: 3.73 miles
Avg. Pace: 17:03/mile
Weather conditions: Sunny, low 40's
Road conditions: Dry
Course: Road; mostly rolling hills with one very large hill in the middle
Attire: Sweat pants, long sleeve shirt, heavy vest, running shoes (thought it was weird that I wore my running shoes to walk...felt odd to have them on, but my foot was sore from the day before so I needed something snug and supportive....like a warm hug for my feet!! :) )
Comfort: Was very comfortable, felt great to give my feet a rest. Walking without support tends to be harder on my feet than shuffling is.
Overall feel of walk: Very easy and comfortable. Was actually difficult to get my heart rate up into Zone 1 (which begins at 128 bpm)...even at a brisk pace!! Since I knew that my heart rate wouldn't get into the required Zones 3 and 4 by walking, I decided to go up and down...and up and down...the large hill in the middle of my route. THAT did the trick ;) And it made for a pretty cool graph:
How fun is THAT?! My heart rate climbed and fell with the elevation of the hill (my monitor was not on the first time I climbed it.....and yes...it IS unnerving to see a "flat line" on my monitor....).
This pic got me thinking...I wonder if I can write things in my HR graph.....you know...like, can I make my HR graph write out "Hi" or "help me!!"?
Going to have to try that somehow......
My walk was uneventful with no soreness or discomfort. My foot was happy for the rest and I felt refreshed when I got back home.

No comments:
Post a Comment